Delays in processing and delivery of parcels in Austria
Reported by: Österreichische Post (AT):
Austria Post is currently handling a massive volume of parcels, which means that some delays are inevitable. Here is our latest status update:
• All our logistics centres across Austria have been running at top capacity for more than two weeks.
• Over the weekend, we were not able to fully process all of the parcels that entered our system last week. Although we started this week with a backlog, we are continuing to systematically work through it.
• We are still following the FI-FO principle (first in – first out), but have to accept that some delays of up to 3 days cannot be avoided.
• All areas in Distribution and Delivery will also be working through the upcoming weekend in order to handle the ongoing massive amounts of parcels and the resulting backlog.
• Next week is already the last week before Christmas. With our intensified efforts, we intend to return to regular operations and to process any backlog in that week.“