Posti (FI) – Strike Warning
The dedsignated postal oeprator of Finland (Posti) has informed that Finnish Transport Workers’ Union AKT has announced a strike in the transportation sector for February 15-21, 2023. In addition, the Postal and Logistics Union PAU has announced that it will support AKT’s strike with industrial actions concerning the loading and unloading of trucks and trailers from 16 February to 21 February. The aim of the support measures is to speed up AKT’s collective agreement negotiations.
According to the preliminary estimate, there may be delays due to the strike and support measures as follows:
- approximately 5 days in parcels that are sent during the industrial action (the operations should be back to normal February 27)
- 5–14 business days for letters and magazines
- approximately 5 days for longer-distance deliveries (the operations should be back to normal February 27)
- approximately 5 days for parcels arriving to and departing from Finland
- 5–14 business days for print products distributed to the door or mailbox
If deliveries cannot be done due to the strike, they will be taken care of and stored appropriately. Deliveries related to health and safety are limited outside of strikes and support measures.
Posti will inform its customers about the development of the situation and after the strikes are over, will try to return to the normal situation as quickly as possible.